Here is a list of some of the chemicals that can be found in some sources of drinking water and the negative effects they can have on your family’s health.
CHEMICALS & POSSIBLE HEALTH EFFECTS
- congestion of heart, lungs, and kidneys
- low blood pressure
- muscle spasms
- weight loss
- damage to adrenal glands.
- weight loss, cardiovascular damage, eye and muscle degeneration
- Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, numbness in hands and feet, partial paralysis, and blindness
- Can also cause skin damage, circulatory system problems, and increased risk of cancer
- An essential nutrient at very low levels
- High level exposure causes upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach cramps
- Long-term exposure at high levels can also cause liver and kidney problems
- Delayed physical and mental development in babies.
- Shortened attention span, hearing, and learning abilities of children.
- Slightly increased blood pressures in adults.
- Long-term exposure at high levels can include stroke, kidney disease, and cancer.
- Kidney damage
- Methemoglobinemia – a blood disorder that causes shortness of breath and blueness of skin, and can lead to serious illness or death.
- Methmoglobinemia mainly affects infants and pregnant women.
- Long-term effects include increased urination and bleeding of the spleen.
- Increases risk of cancer
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Drowsiness and decreased responsiveness.
- Skin irritation
- Some cause cancer after long-term exposure.